It took us over a span of two days to hang this new door - chiseling out the places for the hinges, trimming the door, drilling the holes for the door knobs, painting it, and finally hanging it in place. None of it was very easy, because half the time we spent figuring out which hand tool or power tool we should use for each piece of the project.
After all was said and done, we think we did a pretty decent job. But our hard work was to no avail, since the door frame was probably as old as the original door and had previously been drilled and chiseled and gouged into so much that we can't get the door lock to hold. So it looks like we have more work to do on the frame before we can call this project finished, but at least the new door is pretty. And the fact that Alan and I worked as a team on something very frustrating and were still friends afterwards, is an accomplishment in itself!