Monday, October 09, 2006

Dynamic Duo

I love when these guys get together.

Several weeks ago I took it upon myself to destroy the appearance of the back porch. I'm fun like that. We have a semi-enclosed porch, and the previous owner had installed a bamboo wainscoting along the bottom of the walls with a bright turqoise paint above it. I hated both. I decided to rip off the bamboo because I knew there was panelling behind it, and I figured some sanding and painting of the panelling and upper part of the walls would be a huge improvement to the porch. What I discovered was that the previous owner was hiding moldy, rotting panelling behind the bamboo. So for the past several weeks I've been looking at those nasty, moldy walls.

Yesterday, Alan and Leigh tore off the rotted panelling, installed a plastic barrier, and then put up new panelling (wainscoting of a sort). They did an awesome job. Now it's off to the hardware store for new paint, and we'll have a porch that we can look forward to sitting out on again.

Just need the mosquitos to die off...

3 comments:

DeeBee said...

In this picture, Alan and his dad look an awful lot alike.

her said...

Can't wait to see the improvements. What will you do next?

Sixtyfeet said...

Tell me Alan was waxing poetic about his close encounter with a chain linked fence. And I quote, "I don't need to go to the hospital." Good memories.