Wednesday, August 08, 2007

DeeBee surprised us with this sign she found in Oklahoma, so I placed it in the kitchen where it accurately points to the direction of our guest house, a.k.a. "the cottage." It sounds uppety, but all it would take is one visit to our home to know there is no such thing here. Just a simple home and a rustic little guest house.



It appears I won't have a teaching position by start of the school year, so I'm going to reinstate to substitute and hope that something comes up later in the semester. I didn't bust my butt looking for a job, meaning I didn't show up unannounced on campuses and call principals every day. I also didn't apply for kindergarten jobs (for which there were a few openings) or at magnet schools (longer school days). And I didn't check out the private schools and have no interest in going that route. I'm aware it sounds ugly, but I don't want to teach primarily white students from privileged backgrounds. Something will come up eventually, and I have to believe there's a reason for the delay.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

My sign looks great. :-) Just perfect for that special person that happens to have a cottage in their backyard.