Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Let's get this party started

I don't want this to be a negative post. But man, am I ready to see 2008 in my rear view mirror. There were some pretty tough moments from this past year. The kind you don't laugh about "one of these days." Ever. I know we're supposed to believe that everything happens for a reason, but I'd give anything to change the footprint of this year.

Having said that, there were some truly awesome moments as well. Alan finding a job in Midland rather than the transfer to Houston was such a lucky break. Getting a teaching position at what has so far been a great campus, and having a great fall semester with the kids has been wonderful. Our trip to Florida was so memorable, so much fun. Going to my sister's during the summer, which I could probably call an annual event now, is always a good time. (I can't wait for this summer's trip!) And I really feel blessed to have made several new friends this year.

Who knows what's in store this year. I just want to slow down and take it all in. Maybe if I slow down I'll do a better job keeping in touch with friends and family. We'll see...

Here's hoping you have a wonderful new year (and have fun ringing it in tonight)!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Well Happy New Year! I know what you mean... 2008 was a mixture for us too... But now it has put such a nice little bow on all of the disappointments and its so funny how fast it can turn around. Also, I know it will for you too! It only takes one thing to turn your year around, so here's wishing you find yours soon! :) You and your family have been great friends to us, and that is one thing I count as one of my many blessings this year too, You guys are such amazing people and you deserve every happiness in the world. Here's hoping '09 brings you much more happy moments and next years blog is nothing but rosy! hehe