Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pivotal Week

There are many things I love about teaching, but preparing students for a state standardized test is not one of them. This week is crunch time, and therefore I'm working late, not sleeping well, and crashing when I come home. I can't wait until it's over, and we can get back to having more fun with our lessons. When I was in third grade, I never dreaded going to school. Elementary school was fun! Now it's high-pressure and way too stressful for a 9-year old...and the teacher. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

YUCK! When I was in college the no-child-left-behind nonsense was being talked about and then later passed, and I wrote a letter to Mr. Bush myself about it for an assignment. haha. Some people really think it was a step forward and in some ways it really was, but what I do NOT agree with is all of this testing! I totally agree that it is supposed to be FUN in elementary school, and personally, I learned better this way! My heart goes out to you. This was my dream, to be a teacher, and I always saw myself in that classroom, and worked my ass off to get there... and now I wouldn't trade places with you in a million years. Hardest job ever.
Love the new banner, Spring has Sprung! :)