Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Aaaawww...

Hard to believe that this rotund, often grouchy and sometimes vicious cat...


...was once this sweet little kitten:


I found Junior's kitten pictures while going through some old CDs today. I took this when he was a few weeks old, before I had a digital camera, and when I was still retarded when it came to taking pictures.

When we first found Junior at around ten days old, I was taking classes at UTPB and had to drive home most days between classes to bottle feed him. We also had to teach him to go pee and poop, but that's another story. Anyway, one day I came home and couldn't find him. He couldn't walk yet and his crawling skills weren't great, so imagine how confused I was when he was missing. Finally I found him ON THE COUCH curled up underneath a pillow. I can just picture those tiny, razor-sharp claws digging into our couch as he climbed all the way up.

He'll be four years old this summer, but we have enough "Junior" stories to fill a decade. Many of those stories leave people wondering why we allow him to live with us! But if you had been there from the beginning, when he fit in the palm of your hand, and when he was bottle-fed and burped like a baby, you might be hooked like we are. And you'll probably never see it for yourself, but he really does have a sweet side. :-)

4 comments:

her said...

That is such a sweet story. I didn't know you found him so young. Joe found Cynthia when she was only a few weeks old. Cats...

Brandi said...

Okay, okay, that is really cute. You got me. :) I'm still deathly afraid of your kitty, but I bet he is so sweet to you guys, and when he does show that to you, thats all that matters. I know he appreciates you guys doing all of that for him, and loves you so much. Animals are so special. I feel so bad for ever doubting him. :P

Addison said...

Awwwww. It's kind of pointless to comment so late but I can't help it! I remember when he'd fit right under my chin on my shoulder. Ew and do you remember his claws when you'd feed him the bottle? Ow.

Unknown said...

I'd forgotten about those baby claws...we had to get rid of those asap. Ha.