Thursday, July 21, 2011

Movie Quotes

I tend to go for long spurts of not posting anything.  There are usually two reasons: 1) I have nothing interesting and/or my pets haven't done anything funny; and 2) I can't talk about whatever is completely consuming my life at the time.  Currently, it's the latter.  More to come soon.

So instead (and perhaps I'll see if anyone reads my blog and whether or not I should shut down Desert Trivia for good), I'm going to share my favorite movie quotes that I know by heart and ask you to share yours.  These quotes are on my mind, because I've been browsing online to order my all-time favorite movies.  The quotes will truly date me, and I'm okay with that.  And I'm pretty sure you've never heard them.

"YES, YOU ARE!  You're making me crazy.  Anyone who FORCES me to make chicken pepperoni is making me crazy.  And YOU!  Are MAKING!  Me CRAZY!"

-  Goldie Hawn in "Seems Like Old Times."  I know pretty much every word.  It's a movie about struggling to forget a former love with hilarious scenes.



"My God, if one of them farts the other one thinks it's Guy Lombardo."

-  Alan Alda in "The Four Seasons."  As you can tell, I like Neil Simon.  This is such a good movie about marriage, divorce, friendships between couples, etc.



"Ooohh, Bubba."  

- Holly Hunter in "Broadcast News."  It's said during one of my favorite scenes - a very touching moment between the two best friends.  It's insane how many times I've watched this movie, and I don't even care for news or politics.  I love Albert Brooks.



Seems like all the movies I really like are funny and serious at the same time.  Okay, you're turn!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've never seen any of those movies, and I have no current quote to offer because I can't remember movies quotes.. but you shouldn't quit blogging.

I often feel the same way because I dreamed of a blog with lots of readers and daily comments and oftentimes I feel like I am blogging to an empty room. Let's just blame google reader.

jo said...

I read your blog. Its one of the only ways I can feel connected to you guys because Lord knows my brothers aren't going to call me up and just chat about whats up in their life...
but it totally is tricky about what you can and can't post. I feel you on that one.
I feel like if the only people who read mine are you and cousin Elizabeth and my best friend Leah, well I'm totally fine with that. Or if no one reads. I don't really care.
Anyway, movie quotes. We have a ton of them around our house because Doug is obsessed with media. We have a lot of Wayne's World and Tombstone and of course I quote You've Got Mail. Hmmm what else... I'll think about it some more and pay attention tonight and then post another comment with actual quotes.

Unknown said...

Trouble is with my quotes - no one knows what the heck I'm talking about so I just have to enjoy them all in my head. We do quote more recent movies like Tommy Boy, Zoolander, Talladega Nights, etc. And Alan and the girls quote Dumb and Dumber so much, I feel like I'm watching that horrible movie all over again.

I like blogging or journaling, whatever - and I have to say it has come in handy to be able to go back over the past 5 years and find something or a picture on the blog.