Wednesday, December 06, 2006

"Calgon..." (you know the rest)

I knocked them upside the head, screamed at them, held my hand over their little mouths, and then locked them in a dark closet with spiders and ghosts. Or at least those were the sweet visions that were floating in my head after teaching a bunch of third grade heathens yesterday. It's amazing the disruption a teacher has to juggle in any given day. And then try to teach on top of it. Some days are good, and some are very, very bad. I hope I have a big "Ah-Ha!" moment someday when I realize, "oh, that's how it's done!"

But I'm spoiled more than I should be and don't have to work the rest of the week. Alan's dad will be here later today, his mom is arriving Friday, and then there's graduation and a Christmas party here at our place Saturday night. It won't be a party the likes of what the Richardsons can throw, but I plan on having a good time. ;-)

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

Congratulations on your graduation this coming weekend. What an accomplishment that some (not everyone) achieve in their lifetime. It's a big deal and you should really enjoy it.

Sixtyfeet said...

Your party won't be like ours, because you will remember it!!! I bet everyone loves your house, and your party (hide your husband).