Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Drugs and I don't mix, but...

Day seven with a headache. I think it's time to break into Addison's Lortabs left over from her surgery last year. I don't like the stomach ache it causes, but really....DAY FRIGGIN SEVEN! It's a good thing I'm not working anywhere with random drug testing, because there was that one really fun time in my life when I took one of Mother's pain pills for a migraine, got drug tested at work three days later, and had to go to rehab for two weeks in order to keep my job. Oh the fun memories and reputation I took away from that. Just another reason I was happy to take that sweet package from Chevron in 2001!

Incidentally, I finished Brian's Winter and recommend it for anyone who likes survivor-type stories or series such as Man vs. Wild or Survivor Man. Today I started 12 Sharp - a lucky find at the library!

Update: I opted for no drugs. Got a nice shoulder massage from Alan, laid on the couch, and Alan piled on blankets. When I woke up two hours later, the headache was gone.

4 comments:

DeeBee said...

I remember that drug test gone awry. Seems like I remember that they handled that thing badly.

DeeBee said...

What a man you have there.

DeeBee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mel... said...

Does this mean Alan has magic hands?