Saturday, February 02, 2008

Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's where I'll be...

Sitting here in the hotel room in Amarillo while Bailey gets a much deserved nap, and Alan channel surfs between The Fantastic Four and Star Wars. We just got through watching the really horrible Charlie's Angels II. The whole reason for my tuning in was so that I would be so bored and annoyed that surely I would be lured to sleep. No such luck.

No wins today in volleyball, but Bailey's 15 year-old team was forced to play up to 16s and 17s. Not exactly a fair tournament, but it was good to have that kind of competition. I think most of the players and parents are going out to eat tonight, and then we'll be back at the facility bright and early at 7:15 tomorrow. I'm hearing that we'll be done by noon and home in time to watch the Superbowl! I don't think I'll have time to throw any cool finger foods together like DeeBee, but at least we won't miss the commercials.

Many hotel chains these days are trying to impress guests with the trendy, clean, white, spa-type of bed linens. Problem is, there are no real blankets on the beds. So I called the front desk asking for blankets, and both Bailey and Alan thought I was being demanding. Alan went so far as to say that given a few more years I would be much like my mother, who is known for requesting and demanding service that most of us would be too embarrassed to request. Uh, no. When you're paying $95 a night for a nice but not outstanding hotel room, I think they can give me a blanket for the damn bed. And guess who is all curled up in the very warm, soft and cozy blanket right now? ALAN.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

They definitely owe you a blanket at that rate. Hope you all had a good time.