Thursday, August 25, 2011

Welcome

I've seen neighborhoods in the movies where kids walk to the corner to catch the school bus, sometimes with moms or dads, the family dog in tow, and neighbors mingle and chat until the kids are safely off to school.  If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I'd have thought this picturesque neighborhood was imaginary.  But I'm living in one!  It's adorable.

Duke and I went for a short jog yesterday morning, and we chatted with several people along the way.  I spotted my neighbors next door, an older couple, and stopped to chat for a while.  If you've ever had older neighbors, you know how invaluable they are.  They know everything. Years of wisdom makes for awesome neighbors. 

And then this morning, the doorbell rang pretty early which kind of startled me.  I was "indisposed" at the moment we'll say, but when I went to the door a few minutes later, this was on my doorstep:


I still don't feel like I'm at home, but I'm getting there.  :-)

No comments: