Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Phenomenon

Usually it's common for items like socks to disappear in one's laundry. We lose hangers. Big, white plastic hangers that vanish on a weekly basis. I know my house inside and out, because nothing in my own home is off limits to me. That means I look through everyone's closets, drawers, etc. on a regular basis. And Alan and I have a system: when you take an item of clothing out of the closet, the hanger comes with it and gets placed in the garage on the hanging rod by the washer and dryer. It's a good system, but WHERE ARE ALL THE FRIGGIN HANGERS? I used to think it was because the girls were going back and forth between their dad's house and ours, therefore carting their hanging clothes, but that hasn't been happening for months now. I end up buying a new pack of hangers about once a month, which is no big deal money-wise because they were $.99 at Wal-Mart yesterday. But tell me this happens to someone else. Anyone.

4 comments:

DeeBee said...

I've noticed it some at my house but what I think is happening is that we are buying new clothes... therefore losing the number of spare hangers.

Unknown said...

That's another strange thing though. Most of the time when we buy clothes, the store lets us keep the hangers.

her said...

Your house has a hanger ghost. That is the only logical explanation.

vagus said...

hangers have a limited life-span, and evaporate in the dry TX air.
trust me, i'm a doctor :P