Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fall blooming

When Alan is suffering from allergies, you'll know it from the explosive sneezes that can vibrate a room. I, on the other hand, have more subtle symptoms. I have this itchy nose and this nagging sore throat that doesn't really feel like a normal sore throat, but more like I swallowed a piece of glass that scraped just one little spot on the right as it went down. So I know it won't really solve anything, but I felt better today after attacking as much dust around the house as I had the energy to attack. Really amazing to me where all cat hair can sneak to and gather in thin strands and balls. And the white, feathery, cottony stuff from the pampas grass in the corner of the backyard? I swept it up from our garage and vacuumed it from our hallway inside the house. Weird.

But I'm not just cleaning for health reasons. My mother-in-law is coming for the weekend. She doesn't know I know, but I know! It's supposed to be a surprise for my birthday, but Alan's not that good at keeping secrets and I'm hard to keep secrets from. Anyway, she's coming for the weekend and I'm excited to see her.

2 comments:

her said...

Is this a big birthday year?! hehe

Anonymous said...

it's weird that you said that, because i was going to get showing her to grandma over with so i could stop having to sit through long voicemails about it. and thought maybe i could show you the kitty too :) but we found fleas on her today and i spent alot of the afternoon bathing her, and then spraying her down every 2 seconds.
she was pretty tired out, needless to say.