Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Joysticks

If you can find these at your nursery and can grow these in your area, get some! I've seen them called "joysticks," but can't find their real name. They're perennials, require very little care, and will bloom all throughout the year. After a big blooming burst in the spring, the flowers will die and you have to break or twist off the stalk. But give them time and more stems will grow, and I even had a few blooms during the coldest part of the winter. The leafy mound at the bottom stays green ALL year. They really increase in size the second growing season, and I think they look so cool popping out next to other plants in the beds. And if I can't kill it, it must be a hardy plant.

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

I will look and see if we have them here in our area.

Elizabeth said...

Armeria.

I love them too!!