Sunday, June 15, 2008

Breakfast with Daddy

Something I'll always remember about growing up with my dad is how he started every day in a good mood - whistling, singing, ready to start the day. And forget IHOP or Denny's! Daddy's breakfasts were the best: eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, tomato slices, and avocado wedges. Maybe I should credit (or blame!) my love for food on my dad. Every meal was important and was a highlight of the day. Dinner was at the table, if you can believe that, and not in front of a TV. What seemed insignificant at the time are memories I'll always treasure.

Hope you're having a big breakfast this morning, Daddy. Love you, and Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

One thing that was true, we did eat meals at the table. I just remember he was at home when he was not working...and that was special too.