Monday, June 02, 2008

Vacation begins!

Last Friday was the last day of school, and most of our week was spent doing fun things with the kids: Field Day, Water Day, Movies, Talent Show, Awards Ceremonies, you name it. But the best thing we did was take them skating. This is an annual event at my school, but my first time. I hope they never do away with Skating Day. It was the most fun I've had with these kids! This is one of my fellow third grade teachers helping some novice skaters. She is awesome and let me bug her constantly with questions during this first year of teaching.


Below are four of my students, and I didn't realize it at the time I snapped the photo, but these are four of my lowest students as well. They're also my students who have "special" problems - difficult home lives, academic struggles, etc. Therefore, I've spent a lot of time with these four kiddos and have gotten to know them pretty well. I'm sure I'm a little bias, but aren't they cute?!


It was a challenging semester and way too stressful some days (weeks), but I'm already pumped about next year.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

The kids look cute and very happy. Hard to imagine that one of them has a difficult home life. It would be hard to let them go at the end of the year.