Sunday, September 10, 2006

Die already!

I might as well blog away this weekend (if Blogger will stop acting up), since I probably won't have much time this week. We did go see "Little Miss Sunshine" last night, and it was very good. There weren't many people in the theater, but there was a lot of laughing out loud. Really loud, especially if you happened to be sitting next to Alan. :-)

I am way ready for Fall. I lost all interest in trying to keep a tan a good month ago and am so disgusted with the flowerbeds that I don't even want to look out the back windows. Bring on the cooler temperatures and let everything die! Alan has kept the lawn looking nice, but the flowerbeds (my responsibility) are embarrassing. I guess I have no shame though, because I'm posting a picture of how bad it really is. I just want to dig everything out down to the roots so that hopefully these perennial viney things will go away. And the weeds - geez! I need to figure out a solution that does not involve my going out there every other day and pulling weeds, because I'm just not going to do that. I have bon-bons to eat and reality shows to watch.


2 comments:

her said...

Sorry for the lack of comments. I just don't have anything cool to add.

I can't wait for mother nature to kill off my flower beds too, because this mother has not pulled a weed in weeks. Yikes!!

Elizabeth said...

To keep the weeds down, use Preen. It helps. Too late now, but an fyi for next year...