Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday night lights?

I'm going to bypass giving an update on the psycho mom issue, since she's so friggin out of her mind that legalities may enter the picture some day and record of a blog posting could be bad. It's hopefully improbable, but still possible with The Monstrosity. However, my mentor teacher practically insisted that I program her cop husband's cell phone number into my phone.

Totally aside from that, today I found myself daydreaming of coming home and persuading Alan to take a spur of the moment weekend trip. Midland's really boring me lately, but I think it's best to wait a couple more weeks until we can celebrate our anniversary and hopefully have slightly cooler temperatures. We'll likely go to Ft. Worth, fatten up at La Madeleine and Papadeaux's, and I'll get to satisfy my art nerd desires at a museum.

This week I got to add Science and Reading to my teaching responsibilities, but I have to say that the highlight of each day has been the 10-15 minutes after recess of reading Charlotte's Web to the class. I was never a big fan of the movie, but the book is hilarious. Who knew.

Alright, so I'm sure this is no indication of how the rest of this weekend is going to play out, but Alan's asleep on the couch right now after being off all day and has been sleeping for 2 1/2 hours. I'm giddy with excitement.

4 comments:

her said...

I really enjoy reading children's books now that I am older. It is amazing what I missed when I was a kid. Have a great weekend!!

mel... said...

I recently went to a La Madeleine's for the first time and discovered the tomato basil soup. Did you know that you can buy it in some grocery stores? A friend told me such and the "pretty" Kroger by my house has it.

Unknown said...

Yes! We bought a jar recently, and it's really good. Not cheap, either. It's important to not look at the calorie/fat info though.

mel... said...

Too late. Yikes.