Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Christmas Eve Eve

I like Christmas Eve way better than Christmas Day. Christmas Day has the potential to be oddly depressing. But Christmas Eve, when we usually open presents, is always better. Although the girls don't hold and shake their presents trying to figure out what's inside anymore, or even beg to open one of the presents a day early, watching them open their presents is still the best part of Christmas Eve. I'm guessing it always will be. And Alan and I living in the same town is not bad either.

But Christmas Day....ewww. New Year's Day can be like that, too, now that I think about it. I can't really explain it. And since I've never, not once, heard anyone describe a disturbing feeling that comes over them during what's supposed to be a happy-go-lucky setting, a feeling that makes them want to be anywhere but in that exact time and place, and a feeling that smacks them upside the head out of nowhere....well, the more I talk about it, the weirder I seem.

So here's to Christmas Eve! We're having brisket, fried potatoes, and baked beans. Nothing weird about that!

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

Sounds like you need to plan something wonderful for Christmas Day so that there is something festive to look forward to. As it stands, Christmas Eve is your Christmas.