Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ready for the New Year

Yesterday I spent the day shadowing the teacher I'm taking over for after Christmas break. She's really a great teacher, and I picked up some classroom management skills from her in just one day. I already know the students since I've been subbing for her all semester, and they're a super group of kids. There are always, ALWAYS kids that are quirky, strange, and downright annoying in any classroom. This one's no exception, but it just makes it more interesting. And because this is a magnet school with an emphasis on technology, you would not believe the high-tech gadgets I'll get to teach with. Awesome!

The best news, however, is that Alan is not going to Houston. I won't say much since the ink hasn't dried on the paperwork, but he'll be changing companies and staying in Midland. And you know, I can't thank his current-but-soon-to-be-former employer enough for forcing his hand. Kinda wish they would have done this sooner. (Insert smiley face here and visual of me doing the butter churn dance.) Oh yeah.

2 comments:

her said...

That is a Christmas wish come true!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

DeeBee said...

Congrats to Alan!!