Sunday, July 18, 2010

Filling the void

Alan left today for Houston until Thursday. I'm attempting to accomplish something while he's gone. I'm starting by pulling up the carpet in the den and living room, which will hopefully be replaced with porcelain tile by mid-August. If I'm not hating life too much after the carpet pull, the kitchen floor might come up, too. Plus I need to finish the painting I started weeks ago on the back porch. (Oops!) I'm also expecting to be dealing with the insurance company and auto repairs after Bailey's mishap last week, but hopefully I won't have to whip out my nasty side. And lastly, I hope to finish my book and throw some yard work in here and there.

I think it's only fitting with all this manual labor, that I claim this week to be a non make-up and hair-do week. I haven't been wearing make-up much this summer, but it remains to be seen if I can go that long without my flat iron.

No comments: