Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Randomitis

I read today on some stranger's blog that her blog was "just a place to get out my thoughts so I don't bore the rest of the world." I can relate to that. Today's blog may be just that. Mostly because I don't have anything else to do, it keeps me from being a couch potato, and it makes me forget that my stomach is hurting.

So that quote got me to thinking that I've had occasions in life where I truly felt I was boring. Even today I look around at my limited circle of friends and wonder if my boring-ness is the problem. Then I look at my really good friends, although few in number, and am quite pleased with life. Two such friends are Joe and Heather, and Alan and I are excited that we're going to hang out with them this weekend. Around these two people, you can totally -- and I mean totally -- be yourself. We can talk about anything and everything, and can be goofy, serious, crude, sentimental, drunk, sober, religious, apathetic, whatever. And at the risk of making this seem like a shrine to J&H, I could go on about other friends but won't. Yes, I have only a handful of really good friends, but you know who you are and you're awesome. I'll suck up to you another day. :-)

My head hasn't hurt much since Sunday night, but the rest of my body can't absorb that. My stomach thinks it should still be queasy. However, I made myself do yoga this morning and WOW, taking a week off sure makes a difference. I was ready to puke after the workout.

Rachel Ray is getting on my nerves. I used to be a big fan, before she got wildly popular. I even have one of her cookbooks, or actually it's Bailey's. She even has her own magazine now. What other woman has her own magazine? Oprah is the only one that comes to mind. Anyway, I think she makes my bloodpressure rise or something when I watch her show. She is so hyper, loud, and spastic that it makes me nervous. But I still like her recipes, so I'm trying to watch her show right now with the sound turned down but still slightly audible.

That makes me think of how good a job Alan did taking care of me Sunday. While I was sleeping/drifting, he brought in a CD player and put in this instrumental CD that he knows is my favorite. He turned it down very low, and normally this would have been a pleasant thing. Unfortunately, with migraines it seems that any little sound gives your brain something to try to focus on. Yet you cannot focus on anything but the pain. So if someone were to ask you what two plus two was, you might really struggle to come up with the answer. So...the music was really giving me difficulty, because my brain was trying to follow the melody and forcing it to function....and anyway I had to turn it off. It was a sweet thought though. Alan's a nurturer. He likes to take care of people.

If you read all of this, you have a lot of patience. I think blogs should be about two paragraphs, maybe three if they're short.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

You are blogging a lot. I'm worried that I might miss something if I don't check it twice a day. I need to blog but I don't have time for what I want to chat about. I want to add pictures and I haven't the time.