Thursday, June 15, 2006

What's next...

Once when Addison was driving this week, I found myself staring at her for a few seconds and then said out loud, "I can't believe I'm looking at you driving." Too much of the time with Addison it seems I'm wondering when things will change, so it's weird when things change almost too quickly. For example, she applied for and got her first job yesterday and enters the working world tomorrow.

At first I was really excited for her, but a few hours later I was sad that she's about to discover what it's like when your free time is gone. I'm also dreading (for her) those first couple of days when you're in training and trying to learn everything at once. And since I'm the one spearheading this whole get-a-job thing, I know I'm going to feel some guilt over it. But along with her new driving privileges comes the responsibility to help pay for the expenses. Of course, when she heads to the mall to spend some of that first paycheck, that guilt better dissipate!

I know there are positives such as -- it'll be a good experience for her, it'll teach her more responsibility, it'll help her grow up, blah, blah, blah. I know she's going to do great, but right now I feel like I've thrown her to the lions.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

awww. Don't feel bad. We all did it and never blamed anyone for our having to work. She will love it and it's going to be great!!