Saturday, June 24, 2006

Twenty years

I don't feel old enough to be having a 20-year high school reunion. I went to my mother's 20th reunion when I was about 16, and those people seemed r-e-a-l-l-y old. I didn't go to my 10-year reunion, because it was still fresh enough in my mind how much I hated the last two years of high school. And although I'll take 90% of the blame for not enjoying school, it was partly the fault of some people I'm paying a lot of money to see next month.

But so much time has passed, that now what matters is seeing people I went to school with from third grade on. Something about literally growing up with these people gives us a bond of some sort. I don't care who's fat, bald, out of rehab, gorgeous, a bazillionaire, or just really weathered looking from what life has thrown them. I just want to see some familiar faces. Because what I'll be remembering are the crushes from grade school, or the slumber parties (when girls really froze each other's bras), or the teachers we made fun of together.

So aside from some anxiety that people will remember me, I'm planning on having a good time.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

Wow, 20 years. You will have a great time.