Monday, June 05, 2006

Break from blogging

I had such a good time with my sister and her kids being here, that I think my body protested when they left early yesterday morning. I promptly developed the migraine from hell, a kind of which I haven't experienced in probably 15 years. (I had a similar one but not as bad, about six years ago. I had some drugs to take then and that ended me up in drug-rehab after a random Chevron drug test. That's another long story, but know this - I did NOT need drug rehab!)

Even though I get regular headaches, I've always known there are people who get much worse ones, and so I've tried to speak humbly of mine. But yesterday I could call myself one of "those" people. After I finally puked around 6:30 p.m., I seemed to have expelled the demon. I may not be eating chocolate bon-bons for a while though.

And now for my Excedrin Migraine commercial. I had recently switched to another aspirin brand and haven't had much luck with it. So before my puking attack, I whimpered to Alan to "please go get me some Excedrin Migraine." Within an hour and a half my headache was completely gone, while the other stuff I'd taken all day hadn't made a dent. I learned my lesson. I will worship Excedrin at the altar of pain medication from here on out.

So while yesterday was a blur, the past week was great. I really think I have the coolest niece and nephews on the planet. They have one flaw however - they could eat mexican food from Rosa's every day of their lives. Imagine a house full of adults and kids who have eaten lots of mexican food for days on end. It's lovely, and quite aromatic. But besides eating at Rosa's, DeeBee and I took them shopping, swimming, and the rest of the time they played outside or stayed in for video games. Alan finally got in some much needed video-game-playing-time, since we rarely saw him emerge from the back bedrooms the last two days.

I couldn't find any pictures of the oldest, Dylan, but I think everyone respected his aversion towards having his picture taken. :-) About an hour after they left, I spotted a picture of Cody on the computer screen and was missing them already.

4 comments:

DeeBee said...

Aaahh! that's so nice. And the pictures look good. I see Addison did some of her magic on one of them. Rosa's really did me in! The first thing I did when I got home was go poop! Hallelujah.

So sorry about your headache. If I had known that you were about to experience that I would have left you a Zomig to try. You really need to go in and get something.

Thanks for letting us stay with you. Come see us ANYTIME!

her said...

Sorry to hear about your migraine. They sound terrible.

Glad to hear you had such a great time with the fam. The pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»