Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer reading

I've been reading this book by David Sedaris, who last night made me laugh to the point of that uncontrollable stage. That point where you can't stop giggling every few seconds, hard as you try, and you start to get embarrassed if someone else is around.

Sedaris is gay, and that must have been on my mind while dreaming last night. So I have this dream that some woman has a husband that is either over in Iraq or dying of cancer, I can't remember which. Anyway, she was having a hard time dealing with whatever the situation was, and for some reason I was designated to console her. The reason I was chosen? Because in the dream I had a gay friend. So I woke up from the dream and was trying to figure out why having a gay friend made me so suitable to offer support and sympathy to people in need. Apparently in my dream, it was a tragedy to have gay friends and therefore I would be an expert counselor to this woman. I woke up feeling guilty for dreaming that, but you know how dreams are. If you take them literally, you'll miss the humor.

No comments: