Tuesday, June 27, 2006

this and that

We've been planning our family vacation (a novelty we started last year...you should try it) and have decided on South Padre Island. Other than the 9-hour plus drive, I'm looking forward to it. We're possibly renting a small condo instead of doing the hotel thing. We're also going to try out Schlitterbahn Beach, which will likely be the highlight of the trip. Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels was a hit last summer, and I expect this park to be even better.

So I played around with Google Earth for the heck of it, and it is so cool to use when planning a trip! You plug in some addresses and basically get to fly around from spot to spot, aerially watching the route to and from each location. I used it to watch the route from the condo to the waterpark, for example. Then I decided to visit Washington, D.C., Paris, and Berlin. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get clearer pictures up close - I don't know if that's just how it is, or if you have to pay the yearly subscription to get better quality?? Any Google Earth gurus out there, let me know.

Other than that, we are chilling this week. It was nice to finally see Bailey again. She had gone to the lake with friends the last time she was with us and was then at her dad's for a week. Of course, the first day back with us she went off to spend the night at a friend's. If Bailey's not doing something socially every single day, she feels deprived.

Addison is working TWO jobs now. I'm really impressed with the stuff she's handled lately, coordinating two jobs and approaching bosses with related issues. She'll work no more than 15 hours a week during the day at a place called Michael's Charcoal Grill, and then 6-8 hours a week for the minor league baseball team as a ticket taker. The second job will be over shortly after school starts back up.

Okay, it's time for yoga and I'm stalling. I had a pic or two to add, but the blogger's not letting me add them right now.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

When are you leaving for your vacation?