Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Summa-time news

Thought I would throw in a quick blog before heading out to work in the yard this morning. With temperatures averaging 102 in Midland for the next 5 days, it's best to get it done early.

We had a fun weekend with the Richardsons in Edmond, and let me tell you - never lacked for food. It's like staying at a B&B - cooked-to-order breakfast, steaks for lunch, and Heather stocks the guest bath better than any five star hotel. We had an awesome dinner out Friday night, and I don't think I'll forget mine and Heather's incident with the waiter any time soon. He was a Shia LaBeouf look-a-like, and here are some pics for Heather so she knows who I'm talking about. I still think something weird was put in my salty dog.

Other than that, this week has so far been centered around teaching Addison to drive. If you're not from around here but have had extended stays in Midland, then you're probably one of those that complains about Midland drivers. Factor that into the already frightening experience of riding around with a novice teenage driver, and you've got an idea of how my week is going. :-)


3 comments:

her said...

Thanks for the pictures. He looks just like our waiter. Good luck with the driving lessons!!!

DeeBee said...

It sounds fun, but you didn't share some of the shenanigans about your visit. Maybe the best parts. :-)

mel... said...

My experience with a novice teenage driver in Midland is that while stopped in a turn lane at a red light, she plowed her little red car into the back of my little Bronco. Totaled her car. Pushed in my bumper 1/2 inch and broke my driver's seat (it went into perma-recline).