Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Next Day

(I thought I posted this yesterday but must have forgot.)

Since we've lived in this house, Alan and I have attempted to have parties. On Super Bowl Sunday, one person showed up. So we've never really had good turnouts until last night. About fifteen people came, and the last ones left around 2:00 a.m. The margaritas went quickly and very little food was left. And oddly, this morning I found our nerf football across the street in a neighbor's yard.

Unfortunately, as some people well know, Alan doesn't always pace himself too well. He began coming back to life around 5:00 this afternoon. Sadly, I think he's allergic to alcohol. He's now finishing a bowl of chicken noodle, and we're about to go get me some Taco Villa.

I was fine this morning -- cleaned up the kitchen, the patio, mopped, basically did e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g while Alan slept and puked intermittently. I even worked out. I also made Alan a hangover cure smoothie, but he couldn't eat it. People with nausea are such babies.

So that's basically it - good party and hopefully some new people to hang out with this summer.

3 comments:

her said...

Alan got wasted?? No way. Alan puked?? The real question is: Did Alan cry or get on the roof??

Glad your party was a blast!!

mel... said...

I was just going to make a comment about Alan and roofs but Heather beat me to it.

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»