Thursday, February 15, 2007

Find happiness where you can

Meringue cookies - where have you BEEN all my life? It still amazes Alan the foods I don't know about or were never exposed to in my upbringing. So this new discovery has me thinking that from now on when we make our big grocery runs, I'm throwing something new in the cart to try. I have been trying the last few years to make a concerted effort to try new recipes, new spices, whatever - just to make sure I don't get stuck in my (or my family's?) ways.

"Stadium Arcadium" - Alan got me the new Chili Peppers CD set for Valentine's Day! I can't wait to listen today, plus we'll listen to it on the way to Ft. Worth tomorrow. I rarely buy music - it's just one of those things I tell myself I will splurge on someday.

Nelly Furtado's "Say it Right" - I am fascinated with her, the video, the song, the lyrics, and Justin Timberlake's dancing ain't too shabby either. Wow-wee.

Beauty and The Geek - If you didn't follow this show, you really missed out. It is very well done, so sweet, and so classy compared to some of the other reality/contest type shows. I fixed a big Valentine's dinner for Alan last night, but we made sure to be finished and camped out in front of the TV by 7:00 for the finale. It was great!

Volleyball Tourney - We're heading to Ft. Worth this weekend for another tourney. They're lots of fun, and of course being in Ft. Worth means two other very important things: Krispy Kreme doughnuts and La Madeleine! Oh yeah.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

Have fun this weekend!