Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another food discovery

As if I needed one more food addiction...my latest contribution to the world is this: RUN, go get yourself a box of White Cheddar Cheez-its. I'm not even kidding.

And remember how I said that everytime I go grocery shopping I was going to buy something I'd never heard of or tried before? Well the other day I had just pushed my cart into a checkout lane and realized I hadn't picked up anything new, so I hurried to an aisle and grabbed a can of German Potato Salad (yes, a can). Threw it in the basket, and when I got home I noticed a recipe on the back for "BBQ German Potato Salad" where you combine sliced cooked bratwurst, BBQ sauce, and the potato salad. Meat, potatoes, and BBQ sauce. It's gotta be good.

And still on the subject of food, I'm taking the "Special-K" challenge where you eat a bowl for breakfast and lunch and magically lose 6 pounds in two weeks. Not getting my hopes up on that one, especially since I start snacking as soon as I get home. And then there's that other part of the plan where you're probably supposed to exercise. Okay.

3 comments:

DeeBee said...

Well, you know what they say... nothing like canned potato salad. Yum?

Anonymous said...

I just saw that same product in the grocery store the other day and was really curious about it. I've never heard of canned potato salad- you will have to report back if it is any good!
Elizabeth

mel... said...

So...how was the canned german potato salad?