Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mission Organization

While I'm patiently biding my time and ignoring the fact that I don't have a teaching job yet, I'm starting to get my teaching stuff organized. My closet has almost reached the point where it could be featured on one of those organizing shows. And although I take complete responsibility, I will say that buying a 40-year old home means you have very limited closet space, and my closet has to function as more than just a place to hang clothes. (Good thing my wardrobe rivals that of some homeless people, otherwise there wouldn't be room in the closet for textbooks, trade books, teaching supplies, photo albums, etc.) The first step this week was to get rid of the trunk being used as a nightstand so that I could actually open my closet doors all the way (see "before" below). I came up with a cheap and hopefully temporary replacement and am slowly but surely working on making better use of this space. I only hope I have the maturity to keep it neat once I get there.

3 comments:

DeeBee said...

I hope we see an after picture soon.

Anonymous said...

You are very brave to show a before picture of your closet. The fact that you can do this means it really isn't too bad, right?? You couldn't pay me to show a before picture of my closet...

Unknown said...

No, I'm not brave but that is the point! I figured if I posted a picture it would MAKE me clean it up. I won't post a picture of my dresser drawers though...oh my.