Sunday, March 02, 2008

Having an explosive time in Lubbock!

Something that has changed in correlation with my working this semester, and no I'm not talking about the ho-humness of my blog. Our dinner routine is suffering. I just don't have time or feel like cooking much anymore. I think I made spaghetti one night last week and salmon patties another. I used to cook 5-6 meals per week counting the weekends.

So Friday night before we left for Lubbock, Alan and I had chips and salsa for dinner. A lot of chips and salsa. For me that was followed by 3-4 Girl Scout cookies. Yesterday I had a decent enough breakfast at the hotel followed by a couple more of those cookies mid-morning. Lunch was a mammoth pizza slice at the mall, followed by Peanut Butter Patties as soon as we returned to the gym. Dinner was McDonald's. I skipped the cookies this time.

I could tell there was going to be some unpleasantness thanks to the amount of non-vegetable/non-fruit products I've been consuming. God bless my body for waiting until we were back in the comfort of our hotel room to express its disdain. I was reminded of that scene from Dumb and Dumber where at first you get the sounds INSIDE your body. And it just went downhill from there.

I'm blaming Alan for the GS cookies. He bought five boxes at home, which we inhaled. He then bought 3 or 4 more yesterday at the Wal-Mart here in Lubbock. Several of us parents were sitting around yesterday morning talking about how each member of the family claims stake to whichever type is their favorite, such as: hiding them under the bed, tucking them away in drawers, or writing threatening messages on the box. So it was only fitting that Alan show up a little while later with MORE cookies. At least my favorite kind seems to be one that no one else cares about - Peanut Butter Sandwiches. How can you not love those?

Alright, time to go get ready for another day of volleyball. When we get back to Midland tonight, I have to make two huge pots of red beans for a luncheon at school tomorrow. Beans....hmmm. This could be ugly.

1 comment:

her said...

So I take it there are some veggies on the menu for today?! Just think about those people who eat fast/junk food all the time. Yuck.