Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spooked

Yes I love to watch shows like "A Haunting" on Discovery, but I wouldn't say I'm infatuated with all things supernatural to the point where I want to read about it, research it, etc. But if I'm flipping channels and it's on, I'm going to watch. I tend to be a believer more than a skeptic in haunting spirits or "ghosts" and am really entertained in documentary type shows on the subject. I just think there's a lot more to the spiritual/supernatural part of life than we realize. And I don't think I'm 100% convinced in demon possessions and exorcisms, but I'm not a nonbeliever either. Although...

I had this dream last night that I was being visited and haunted by a demonic force of some kind, and so I decided to get out my digital camera and record such a visit, at least the audio part. My bedroom was dark (as if I would ever have the lights off when a voice like the one from Amityville or The Exorcist was talking to me), but with the camera going I was able to record the voice and a little bit of a face with glowing eyes (which was laying in my bed on my pillow staring at me!). It was the kind of creepy dream that, even though I woke up with some morning light in the room, my heart was racing and I was kinda scared momentarily.

Anyway, the important part I'm sharing is that I had the common sense in my dream to record the "happenings." So if such things have really happened to so many people, why are we not seeing their home videos? Why so many reenactments in this day and age of technology? Wouldn't you want proof more than anything? Kind of makes me wonder...

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

Our blog postings are the same in the fact that they cover things that are personal experiences that can't always be proven.

It does make you wonder.