Saturday, March 15, 2008

I make lists.

It's time....to do so many things I haven't done in a while. I wanted to high five everyone in the hall yesterday when the bell rang announcing SPRING FRIGGIN' BREAK! I tried to wish my students "happy spring break!" but instead it came out as "See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya! Get out! Leave my presence!" I think they felt the love.

I intend for my list to include more play than work, and here's what I have so far:
  • Sleep.
  • Sit on the back porch in my pajamas and drink coffee.
  • Watch cooking shows.
  • Cook.
  • Sleep some more.
  • Tan, if I can afford some sessions.
  • Shop for swimsuits.
  • Hang out with my father-in-law.
  • Paint the guest house bath (yes, that is actually fun for me).
  • Take pictures.
  • Update the blog.
  • READ.
  • Run, when the wind isn't blowing 50 mph like yesterday.
  • Wash my car, when the wind isn't blowing 50 mph like yesterday.
  • Stay up past 10:00.
  • Sleep.
  • Work in the yard.
I know I'll still be grading papers and planning and will even have to go up to the school for a little while, but that doesn't bother me when I know it will peaceful and QUIET.

I plan to post pictures proving that I did many of these things. Not the swimsuit pictures though. :-)

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

Funny post!.. finally.

You should be able to stay up past 10:00pm with those three daily doses of sleep you'll be getting.

Unknown said...

One would hope. It's 8:42 right now and I'm fighting the urge to go night-night.