Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Cha-ching!

The garage sale was actually kind of fun, not to mention profitable - $500! Of course most of that came from the next-to-new stove that we sold. It's now become a mission to see what people will lower themselves to buy at a garage sale. Last year at my parent's house, I put out a partly used container of toothpaste. It sold quickly. This year can't top that, but we did sell a half-used bag of cat food. And of all things that didn't sell - my set of dishes. No interest whatsoever. So off they and the other leftovers went to the Salvation Army. I couldn't get Alan to part with his nearly floor length suede jacket. It reminds me of something Sherlock Holmes would wear, except it isn't tweed. Anyway, it's still hanging in the hall closet and will never, ever be worn...unless it can be used in a future Halloween costume.

Passed my first certification test Monday and have one to go. Starting to see some light flickering at the end of that tunnel.

1 comment:

mel... said...

At one garage sale I sold this plastic dog that had a motion detector that would start it barking when set off. My parents gave it to me as a joke since while I'd like a pet...I have allergies. Got $5 for it too!