Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm on a winning streak

Update: I won again - a door prize in class last night. :-)

Picked me up a blue wooden rocking chair for the backporch from the auction Saturday. $15!! I spent a big part of Sunday afternoon and evening in it watching Alan mow and reading my book that I'm only 250 pages behind in. I'm 30+ pages behind in another book and can't read on airplanes without getting nauseous, so....oh well. Speaking of which, we leave the house Thursday morning around 4:30 a.m. for the airport. Nice.

Besides winning the bid for the rocking chair, I won a contest at a football game Saturday night. This was some arena style football game for which the Odessa Roughnecks are returning champions. Anyway, at half-time you throw these mini nerf type footballs from the stands out into the center of the field. The closest ball wins. I had my eye on my football the whole time and KNEW I had won. Actually it wasn't my football - this other guy from Oxy bought it but had to leave early. I'm hoping he'll do the right thing and split the prize, which is 10 free tickets to another game and some added treats I think. Yea, me. (The Oxy co-ed softball team is soliciting my skills, now that they've seen my incredible throwing arm.) So we had a good time at the game, since we managed to sit with some other Oxy folks that didn't mind making fools of themselves. By the way, went to Alan's softball game last night. Wow, they really sucked. But Alan did his part and was quite Andruw-esque in the field. Go Big Al!

Well, I've been up since 4:20 doing homework and am thinking it's time to go back to bed. It won't happen of course, but a girl can dream.

3 comments:

her said...

Where are you going?

Unknown said...

Buena Vista, Virginia for Alan's sister's graduation (Joanna). Three hours from Baltimore I'm told.

DeeBee said...

What is Andruwesque??