Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day 10

Yes I'm counting the days, because I don't want this to last more than a month or so. Drastically changing my diet is not something I intend to do for very long. I just like food too much. However...it's interesting how creative you can get when you feel deprived of something. I haven't been eating much meat, so here's something I came up with. You can take 16 of those small pepperoni slices (reduced fat ones, but I can't tell a difference), zap them in the microwave for a few seconds, and then throw them in a salad. 80 calories and 5 g of fat and yuummm! I think I should send this idea to the McD's and Wendy's of the world - The Pepperoni Salad could be all the rage. I've also learned how to work in certain must-haves like fritos and bean dip. The hardest thing to give up, although I haven't entirely, is cheese. You're lucky if you don't have cheese cravings. I welcome any ideas.

I hope I can get through this cold or whatever I have without binging. Something about having a cold makes me an even bigger pig than normal.

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

I eat like crazy when I have a cold. Dieting is the hardest thing to do ever!!