Friday, April 07, 2006

Go Rebs

A little slow at keeping up with blogging this week....between writing lesson plans (don't I sound like a teacher already?) and playing taxi driver to a host of teenage girls, I'm happy it's Friday. The big news this week is that Addison has been going through a four-day tryout for the Midland Lee Rebels "Dixie Dolls." I'm not letting Addison know how big a deal this is to me. I would equate it to an alum Dad whose son is trying out for Rebel football. And although I don't agree with how everything was portrayed in "Friday Night Lights," I guess we do have this weird West Texas high school pride that sticks with you throughout life. At least it has for me. And I didn't even like high school after my sophomore year. Anyway...we should know the results late Saturday night.

Alan and I (and Bailey with her friends) are going to a Texas Country concert Saturday in Odessa. I'm mostly going to see Miranda Lambert, but Jason Aldean will be there too. Some other guy is playing, but his is the corny country stuff I don't like. Alan doesn't like country - period, so he's being a good husband by not making me go alone. :-) My favorite song of hers is playing on my myspace page: www.myspace.com/trsintexas. Turn it up!

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

Good luck Addison & Tanya!! :-)

Alan is so nice. Why do I always find myself saying that??