Friday, April 14, 2006

It's Summer!


Apparently we're going to bypass Spring and move straight into Summer. It's 90 plus degrees here for the next week. Love it! Alan and I both have today off, so we're going to spend it taking care of the large eyesore in the backyard. We have a 10' diameter circle that's been resembling a compost pile for far too long. Hopefully some dirt and sod will get our backyard looking decent before company arrives in May. (I'll try to take a "before" picture when the sun comes up.) By the way, my flowers that I planted from seed never surfaced. It might be because I planted them right beneath the bird feeder and the birds found the seeds. As if they didn't have enough from the feeder!

I was cured of my sickness this week by a hamburger. Perhaps it was a sign that I had taken things a little too far on my diet. I get a simple little cold and you'd think I had the flu. I was so run down for two days. So my body said, "Girl, you need fat and red meat." Yes!!! Alan took me to get a Texas Burger and tater gems, and within ONE HOUR I was a new person. I am now rethinking my diet and realizing it sort of needs to include some iron and protein. Duh.

Maybe I'm just in a silly mood right now from being awake since 3:15 a.m., but please check out this website sometime. When I got to page 3, I think it was, and saw the photo of Katie Holmes pregnant and read the blog, I laughed until I cried. Anyway, if you need a good laugh this site is awesome: www.thesuperficial.com.

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

Yeah, you better get that place fixed up before we get there because we deserve only the best. Just because we are white trash doesnt mean we don't have high standards.

Sixtyfeet said...

You could eat fat by the gallons and you would never look anything other than beautifully slim (I've decided skinny is a bad word). STOP DIETING FREAK!