Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First time east

Well, we're off to Virginia tomorrow and will be back Saturday. Alan's sister, Joanna, is graduating from college in Buena Vista (they pronounce it B-you-na not B-wey-na), so I'm going to attempt to say it correctly while there. Might as well say something right, since I'll probably get picked on for my Texas crap. But this is Virginia - they're not exactly accentless. The bulk of the trip will be traveling Thursday and Saturday, with graduation Friday morning. I'm not sure how Mormon grads party it up after the ceremony, but I'm thinking there will be no beer and margaritas on hand. Hmmm. It'll be good to see Alan's family.

It takes me ALL day to get ready for a trip. I have to think of everything I might possibly need and have to plan out every outfit. But what really takes time is I have this hangup about the house being clean before we leave. Isn't it the greatest feeling when you get back home, and everything's in order? I love order. The rest of the people who live in this house, not so much.

3 comments:

DeeBee said...

Wow. We sound the same as far as packing and getting the house cleaned before a trip. Maybe other people are like that too and it's not so unusual. hmm. I will even clean the house so that Ray and the kids that are staying home will have a clean house.. why?

Unknown said...

It's a mom thing. Only a mom.

her said...

I need at least a full day to prepare for a trip. I usually start packing a week in advance. I am glad to see I am not to only crazy one!!! Have fun. Sneak in a flask!!