Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ready to dicker

I couldn't sleep this morning and am hoping it's not because I'm anxious for the garage sale to start. How nerdy would that be. So I got up and went through cabinets trying to find more crap to sell - woohoo!! Looks like I'm finally giving my dishes away from when Matt and I got married. It's not that I've been holding on to them because of marital sentiment, but because they were my first dishes ever. And really -- they are adorable. I thought I was an adult then, but I was such a kid. Nearly 20 years I've been packing and moving those dishes around. The set is hardly a set anymore and there are chips galore. Feels weird to figure out a price for some things. But $7.50 it is!!

I pointed out to Alan that this is our first garage sale together. He thought it was the one that we had over at my parents' house, but that doesn't count. This is the first one at OUR house. We're still newly-married enough that we still have "firsts."

By the way -- it was bugging me so I looked up "dicker" on dictionary.com, and it's a real word and really spelled that way. Some words you don't think about until you write or type them out. That's when you chuckle.


4 comments:

DeeBee said...

I'm still here reading your blog, just haven't commented because I've been completely wiped out everyday since Thursday so I'm not feeling real chatty. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel more rested. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying seeing what you have going on each day. I'm off to bed now.

Elizabeth said...

I've never heard of the work dicker. Neither has Craig. Must be a Texas thing...

Unknown said...

How funny! It means to bargain. lol. Maybe it's not a Texas thing. Maybe it's a sign of my age.

her said...

How did the sale go? I can't wait to hear all about it. Joe hates garage sales!!