Friday, April 14, 2006

Our progress so far...see previous blog for "before" shot

One of the nurseries gave us free sod because it was so dry. It should be fine after a good week or two of water - we hope anyway. We (mostly Alan) hauled about 1600 lbs of top soil and about 50 squares of sod today. So as Alan would say, it's Beer-thirty.

I had to post a pic of this little passion flower vine. I like how it wraps itself around the trellis, but maybe you can't see that very well. In a couple of months this vine will be all over the side of the porch and under the eave and will have these HUGE purple flowers. Plants are cool.

4 comments:

DeeBee said...

"Beer-thirty"... that's hilarious. I think I laughed so loud that the person in the next room probably heard me.

her said...

Way to go. It looks great. The hard work deserves at least a six pack. We watered the heck out of the sod we laid in Denver and it did great. Good luck.

Sixtyfeet said...

Tell Alan that the best way to water sod is shirtless and drinking beer. The yard looks nice, now tell me who is working on it, becase I know this isn't your husband?!?!?

Elizabeth said...

We have a "pour-thirty" at work, mostly Fridays but sometimes earlier if it's been rough..

Plants ARE cool, I'm with you on that one! :) I have to think that because I sink a significant amount of our income on plants this time of year...