Monday, May 08, 2006

Everything under the Sun

What is the matter with someone who is pissed off if she's too busy and annoyed if she's bored? The matter is that she is irritating. So although I have a class every day for the next three weeks, I am anticipating the need to fill my summer with things to do. Since Alan built up a little dough in our PayPal account, I've been shopping for books on eBay. Shopping is so much more enjoyable when you're competing against people, kind of like the auctions. Speaking of which, there's another auction this weekend. Alan's been wanting to (finally) take that trip to Fort Worth, but seemed to decide last night we really didn't have the money. Here's how it works - since we were considering taking a weekend trip that would have been a little costly, what with hotel, gas, eating at Papadeaux's, La Madeleine, and Krispy Kreme, etc., that means we can spend a fraction of that at the auction. That's how I like to rationalize spending. I don't do much spending (to which Alan will attest) but given the right circumstances and go-ahead from the spending Gods, I can do it well on occasion.

My blog is getting picturelessly boring. Addison didn't have the USB(?) cord for her camera last week, so I couldn't share anything. Of course I really haven't had much to take a picture of, unless you count my new hairdo in which I've recently lost 8 inches maybe? And I might have taken a picture of how I found the kitchen when I got home from class today. Junior had some fun with a roll of paper towels he found under the sink, as well as some fun knocking refrigerator magnets and the papers they were holding onto the floor. One of the magnets is a Turkish "Evil Eye" that some friends recently gave us to ward off negativity and bad feelings in the household. Junior does not approve of such silly intentions.

Time now for homework and not eating Oreos. Not eating Oreos. Not going to do it.

5 comments:

her said...

How's it going with the Oreos?

Unknown said...

I went for yogurt instead, but the Oreos are still tempting me. :-)

DeeBee said...

mmmm..Oreos and a diet coke. Sounds good.

I like the way we have focused our attention on the topic of Oreos out of your entire blog. lol

Anonymous said...

8 inches- gone? I can't wait to see your new "do"!!

Unknown said...

We know what's really important. Food is everything.