Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ole!

Thank God. Junior has just retreated to his spot under the armoire. That means for the next two hours I will have freedom from having my legs and feet attacked while sitting at the computer or being ambushed from under the dining table as I walk through my own house.

Seems that Elizabeth and I had the same idea - I just had to post a picture of the flowers. Now, if you saw our flower beds as a whole, you'd be thinking "white trash." I also had to post the one that is just a stalk, because I can't figure out what it's going to be. An iris maybe?



It doesn't seem right that something grown naturally from a tree, like an avocado, should be so fattening. It's like a prank Nature wanted to play. Anyway, made some yummo guacamole just now. Never a good idea to take the whole bowl and whole bag of chips to sit down and eat. Should have scooped out a small portion of each, but I guess I'll just consider that my lunch. I didn't eat ALL of it - Bailey would have died.

Back to work now.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The second one is definitely not an iris. A hosta flower perhaps? Hard to know without any foliage.. but if the flower is purple, that is my guess!!

Elizabeth said...

The second one is definitely not an iris. A hosta flower perhaps? Hard to know without any foliage.. but if the flower is purple, that is my guess!!

DeeBee said...

Are you growing your own avocados now? :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»