Monday, May 22, 2006

Latest craze

The recital was fun - Addison did GREAT. Addison's dad and stepmom sat next to me and Alan, and we all had a good laugh about one of the last recitals Addison was in when she was 6 or 7. $150 on costumes and recital fees, not to mention the monthly tuition for 9 months, just to watch Addison stand up there and roll her eyes. :-) Anyway, she did awesome Saturday. About half-way through, Alan had reached his limit on ballet dances, but he was a trouper and stuck it out. I thought he was going to excuse himself though when they played "Wind Beneath my Wings."

My latest endeavor that I'm excited about is yoga. The workout is 60 minutes, so I've got to figure out how to work this into my day. It's going to be next to impossible to do when everyone's home, which I discovered yesterday. I thought the closed and locked bedroom door (and the fact that I announced I was going to work out) would be clue enough not to disturb me. First interruption was Addison:

"What?"
"Mom?"
"Yeah?"
"What'd you have for breakfast?"

Next was Alan needing something out of the bedroom. A few minutes later was Alan again:

"Yes?"
"Sorry to interrupt......(long pause).....Whew!!! It's hot out there!"

Yoga isn't something you interrupt. Have you seen some of the poses you have to work yourself into? Anyway, I really like it so far. I like the crazy directions the instructor thinks you can follow, like, "Now, widen your thigh bones and press them against your hamstrings." Or my favorite, "Extend the lower ribs away from the buttocks flesh."

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

DeeBee said...

Not a moment's peace. I have to wonder if you weren't rolling your eyes at the interruptions.

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»