Thursday, May 11, 2006

"Serenity now, serenity now!"

No class today - this and that happened, so we lucked into a take-home exam instead of a classroom exam. Anytime I've mentioned to someone what class I would be taking (Civil War & Reconstruction), people would groan. Myself included. Actually, it's really interesting and I'm enjoying it. Four straight hours of lecture everyday sucks, but the class is over in two more weeks. I won't remember half of it once I've taken the final, but hopefully some tidbits will remain.

Went to Alan's softball game last night, and they lost again. It never fails with these supposedly "fun" co-ed company teams. There is always someone on the team who shows up to win and win ONLY, and if things don't go well then everyone's going to hear about it. I was biting my tongue, particularly after my recent blow-up. Anyway, the pitcher is a jerk. He was freely giving unwanted advice to team members, except his advice comes off as "do it this way, you moron." My favorite part was when he threw his glove towards the dugout after a particularly sucky inning. Look dude, you have to WORK with these people. Think about it.

And then there was the very obese man on the opposing team who while w-a-l-k-i-n-g out to his spot at third base, commented oh so proudly about how his team wouldn't have to work too hard. So after he grossly missed a grounder and stumbled to his fat knees, someone from the stands might have made a comment about his having to work after all.

Alan tells me there are Beer Leagues in Midland. In Midland, I say! Is it possible that there exists a group of people in Midland who are not afraid to admit they drink beer, and then go so far as to do so in public? Surely you jest.

Alright, I'm going to work on my test now so that mine and Alan's weekend will be free. Right at this moment I wish I had Addison's camera. Junior is sculpting the perfect napping spot out of the pile of laundry on the dining table. Guess I should get to that laundry or find a better place to throw it.

2 comments:

DeeBee said...

I enjoyed today's blog. Not that I don't enjoy reading them everyday, but today's was different.

mel... said...

I think only with an offer of beer will you get me to visit Midland again. (: