Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back to the groove

Leigh left early this morning and Ed left a little while ago, so although I enjoyed our time with them both, I'm going to enjoy my time alone today as well. Leigh is an amazing help around the house - he repaired stuff, painted, made coffee every morning, drove to get a newspaper every day and always pulled out the crossword for me. He was also chief cook at the party, freeing Alan up to hang out with the crowd. Ed, on the other hand, plays video games and smacks like a starving wild animal. He doesn't lift a finger, but he was a lot of fun and good for many laughs. (He gets big points for doing the crosswords with me, too.) He also made a cheesecake and a couple batches of drinks for the party. And it gave Alan a chance to hang out with a good friend for several days. As I said, I'm glad both came to visit.

Had to throw in a couple pictures taken at the party and then later at The Ranch last Saturday. We hadn't been to The Ranch since our night-before-the-wedding party nearly five years ago. The one of me and Alan dancing is just comical. I was hoping we'd look better dancing than that. And the flip-flops are truly classy.





1 comment:

DeeBee said...

"The Ranch" sounds like a country place but the attire tells me it's not. Looks like everyone was having a good time.