Sunday, July 30, 2006

Get to check it off my list

So we went to the reunion and survived it just fine. It was a lot of fun to see everyone back in one room again. Surreal in a way, but really fun. Glad they had alcohol on hand, because I think it gave me just the nudge I needed to go up to people and start conversations. I should be clear though - I didn't have to do any of this on my own. I had two of my best friends from high school there with me - Denise and Kelli:



It's not as if I had a lot of memories to share with very many people there, but we just remember each other from so long ago. As I mentioned before, I went to school with many of them from second grade on and some from even kindergarten.

Of course, some people changed more than others. There were those who had "come out" and those who had surgically changed themselves - boobs and botox were obvious on a couple women. And then there was the guy who went from a very clean cut, geeky type to a Rastafarian, minus the black skin.

Anyway, I still can't figure out what the $60/person paid for, but I'm glad I went. And thanks to Alan for being a great date. He didn't get mad that I totally ignored him half the evening or that I probably forgot to introduce him a number of times. He was, as usual, just fine handling things on his own. (And by the way, thanks to Denise for the photos.)

1 comment:

her said...

You both clean up nicely. Glad you had a great time. It is nice to talk about the good ol' days.