Monday, July 24, 2006

I wanted him to lose weight, but not this way...

What did I do over the weekend you ask? Cleaned up cat vomit and other excrements that we won't go into. I wasn't alone though - Alan cleaned up his fair share as well. I didn't see the movie, but I remember a clip from "Daddy Daycare" where Eddie Murphy's character sends a little boy into the bathroom to do his business. The boy comes out of the bathroom, announces "I missed," and Eddie Murphy walks in to discover a mess that goes from floor to ceiling. Junior had a similar experience in our little master bath, although the mess didn't quite reach the ceiling. It went about a foot and half up the door and wall, and the smell could knock you over. We took him outside, and I hosed him down while Alan held on tight.

We're not sure what he might have eaten or what caused all of this, but it was pretty sad. I think as a general rule, cats hate to be dirty. So I can imagine how traumatized he was in that little room until Alan rescued him. And although it was nice to get to baby and pet him for those 24 hours without being subjected to a bloody attack, I'll take the healthy, evil Junior any ole day.

I guess I should also mention that it was Bailey's birthday on Saturday, meaning my youngest child is now 13. Between both households and her grandparents, she got most everything she asked for (except the trampoline). But considering how good a kid she's been these thirteen years, it's okay to spoil her every once in a while.

I can't help myself - he's just so pretty. You have to check out the larger view:

1 comment:

DeeBee said...

Yes, Junior is pretty, but I'm left wondering what thoughts are lurking behind those eyes.